Saturday, September 27, 2008

The commencement of interest

What does one think of when we talk about architectural drawing? Is it a Plan, Section, Elevation, or perhaps a perspective? A copy of falling water rendering by Frank Lloyd Wight is one that comes to mind. It’s the ole myth that Mr. Wright drew this design from his head just a few hours before his client showed up that always strikes me. Besides that, I don’t really remember much about how I have become interested in this subject, but it doesn’t take long to realize why.


I’ve always had my favorites, (Etienne-Louis BoullĂ©e, Hugh Ferriss, and Tom Schaller, to name a few) but the more I dug the more information led to vast new findings (different artist and techniques). So far my research has given me a lot of motivation to design and draw, likewise being creative. Maybe it’s the visionary part; better yet, how about the fact that some of these visionaries influenced more architecture than any other men.





I’ll try to explain about what I hope to accomplish this blog. This blog is in response to a school project that I started 6-7 months ago and as ongoing research progressed, I have succumbed to a great deal of information. As with all this information, I’ve have become very much overwhelmed and disorganized. I’m hoping that this will help to manage what I have collected and done thus far and continue to do. I have met some awesome and helpful people in the field of illustration and architecture. I want to use this blog to let you follow the ups and downs as I continue to work on this project. I’ll also include drawings whenever possible, along with process to take you behind the scenes.

No comments: