Thursday, October 16, 2008

Step away from the camera...

Yeah, I know... I’ve neglected to keep up with my blog project, but we all know life just seems to get in the way. Job hunting and procrastination can eat more hours of the day then I’d like to admit, however, my recent acquisition of a DSLR camera has yielded me another great “learning” opportunity. Since my main focus has always been architectural drawing and rendering, I figured a good camera would help me capture things of interest a little bit easier. For me, the best part of a photo is being able to examine the image over and over again. In fact, every time I look at an image I notice something new. Add in the fact that we are in the digital age and you can have yourself a fine reference collection at your finger tips.
Not the best photography, but its about the principles. When I’m taking these pictures it’s not just about the architecture, it’s also about the lighting, mood and composition. So obviously, i try to make these evident in the images.

My recent investigations with the camera...

No comments: